none
Creating Offline Media for USB drive in MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a 'portable', offline version of our entire MDT 2013 DeploymentShare and put it on a USB drive that is bootable. Searching the web offers all sorts of options on how to do this. My usb drive is 300 GB and is an actual drive, not a flash drive. It

Most of the web articles suggest to run diskpart and make the USB active. Then copy over everything media generated by MDT 2013. That's where I get stumped.

Do I need everything or can I just copy the LiteTouchMedia.iso over and boot to that?

Can I copy over the Deploy folder and boot to that without LiteTouchMedia.iso?

Is there a difference between a USB stick booting and a USB drive booting?

Thanks much for any help on this.

Orange County District Attorney

Saturday, November 22, 2014 12:46 AM

Answers

• You are in right direction - you have to make the drive bootable and then copy the content. if you mount and look the directory structure of litetouchmedia.iso you will see many folders like boot , deploy etc..   you will have to copy all the folders. i have used this free utility - http://www.wintobootic.com/ and it works great.

I am assuming here that you have selected everything to be burned into litetouchmedia.iso.

• Marked as answer by Sandy Wood Monday, November 24, 2014 9:51 PM
    Saturday, November 22, 2014 1:29 PM
  • Yes, you only need either one not both.
    Sunday, November 23, 2014 11:39 AM

All replies

• You are in right direction - you have to make the drive bootable and then copy the content. if you mount and look the directory structure of litetouchmedia.iso you will see many folders like boot , deploy etc..   you will have to copy all the folders. i have used this free utility - http://www.wintobootic.com/ and it works great.

I am assuming here that you have selected everything to be burned into litetouchmedia.iso.

Saturday, November 22, 2014 1:29 PM
  • Thanks for the note back on my question. Yes, I have selected everything to be burned into litetouchmedia.iso. I'm beginning to realize that I really only need either litetouchmedia.iso or everything in the Content folder that MDT creates. Is that correct?

Thanks for the link to WintoBootic - this is pretty slick!

Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:08 PM
  • Yes, you only need either one not both.
    Sunday, November 23, 2014 11:39 AM
  • Thanks very, very much for the utility tip. That saved me hours of hitting my head over this!

Monday, November 24, 2014 9:51 PM