Photos and tags since upgrading to Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my PC yesterday to Windows 10.

I normally open my photographs with Office photo viewer as the Pictures can be tagged for location, comments etc so that it is easy to find all pictures of a specific place or event etc.....

Since the upgrade it does not now seem possible to filter or sort by tags as in the properties of each picture it now appears as a keyword instead.

How do I get back to tags or even find by keyword, which now also appears to be impossible.

Additionally all the portrait photographs were rotated to view in their correct orientation and the OS has now changed a high number (but not all) of them back to landscape despite them being perfectly fine when viewed in Windows 7,  what has happened and how do I get them back to their correct orientation without painstaking manually doing hundreds of photographs

Monday, November 9, 2015 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi katodavies,

Thank you for your question.

We suggest you redirect this case to office forum by the following link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?category=officeitpro 

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 16, 2015 8:20 AM

All replies

• Not related to TechNet Wiki. Please post in a Win10 forum.

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:18 AM
  • Hi katodavies,

Thank you for your question.

We suggest you redirect this case to office forum by the following link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?category=officeitpro 

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 16, 2015 8:20 AM