none
Launching .bat on login RRS feed

• Question

• just as a little background of what i have tried so far to launch the .bat at login:

1. used task scheduler

2. put shortcut in startup folder

both of these fail.

the .bat file is in folder in program files directory (i.e. c:\program files\bat\bat.bat). the only time i have had this .bat file run successfully is when i open a cmd as an admin, path to the directory, and run the bat.

1. open up cmd as admin

2. cd "/program files\bat"

3. bat.bat

however when i try to schedule this or use startup folder this does not work. the account i am using is a local admin account. i have tried .bat file to open cmd to the directory and then launch the .bat, however i believe it is failing because it is not truely running as an admin. i have gone into the shortcut properties of and clicked the open to have run as an admin. i have even tried using runas within at .bat to launch the .bat.

any info or help would be appreciated to have this .bat to launch at login. thanks.

Thursday, March 26, 2020 12:41 PM

All replies

• Your issue is about how to use the Task Scheduler.  Please refer to the documentation on the Task Scheduler and numerous blogs that describe how to use it.

This is not a task scheduler forum.  Post your issues in the Windows General forum for help running system utilities and GUI apps.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, March 26, 2020 2:06 PM