connection to the deployment share could not be made RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to sysprep and capture and XP image that I built.  I am working in a lab using VMs only (using VMware Player).  One VM has Windows Server 2008 with MDT and SCCM.  I created a sysprep and capture task sequence and updated my deployment point.  Then I ran litetouch.vbs from the XP reference machine.  It syspreps okay but when it reboots I get an error:

A connection to the deployment share (\\SERVER01\DeploymentShare$) could not be made.  The following networking device did not have a driver installed.  PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_2000&SUBSYS_20001022&REV_10

When I do an ipconfig nothing shows up.  I tried taking the inf files out of the VMware Player directory and importing them into out-of-box drivers and then updating the deployment point but got the same error.  I tried using a static IP as well.

Can anyone help?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:32 PM

Answers

• That is the PnP ID for the VMWare Network drivers.  You'll have to include them into your boot image for the deployment to go smoothly.   I'm sure this is not the most recommended way but I extracted the drivers from a working XP build (in a VM of course), and imported them into my x86 PE driver folder, then recreated boot media.  If you do some searching I imagine you can find them somewhere online as well.   Best of luck and happy holiday.
    • Marked as answer by TNFamilyMan Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:51 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:51 PM

All replies

• That is the PnP ID for the VMWare Network drivers.  You'll have to include them into your boot image for the deployment to go smoothly.   I'm sure this is not the most recommended way but I extracted the drivers from a working XP build (in a VM of course), and imported them into my x86 PE driver folder, then recreated boot media.  If you do some searching I imagine you can find them somewhere online as well.   Best of luck and happy holiday.
    • Marked as answer by TNFamilyMan Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:51 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:51 PM
  • Thank You!!!!  That was it.  I pulled the VMware drivers out of the XP VM and put them into an ExtraFiles directory that I created and added it to the WinPE options and updated the deployment point.  No more error.  Thanks!  Happy Holiday!
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:55 PM