windows explorer RRS feed

• Question

• i had a virus and it shut down my firewall and would not let microsoft security essentials start, i uninstalled my virus program and reinstalled i'm ok now got rid of virus but when i rebooted windows blocked windows explorer. my question is do i unblock this seeming important/unimportant program depending on what forum you go to. some say it is unnessasary others mostly mac users say other wise do i restart it? it seems to want to access the internet. i run xp pro

• Edited by mawolff1 Monday, January 7, 2013 2:51 PM not needed
    Friday, January 4, 2013 8:59 PM

Answers

• If it blocked Windows Explorer, you would not even see your desktop.  Did you mean it blocked Internet Explorer?  If so, exactly how does this block manifest itself?  Tell us exactly what you see.
    Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:21 PM

All replies

• If it blocked Windows Explorer, you would not even see your desktop.  Did you mean it blocked Internet Explorer?  If so, exactly how does this block manifest itself?  Tell us exactly what you see.
    Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:21 PM
  • windows firewall popped up and said it has blocked windows explorer then gave me a choice keep blocking,unblock or ask me later. i went to the firewalll and looked in exceptions tab and it was there as a choice and i have never seen windows explore ever there before as a choice. i believe it was the virus that made that happen. i blocked it anyway and my computer or os is running fine everything is up to snuff, my files open ok ran my antivirus a couple of times now and i'm in the clear. internet explorer is'nt acting funny such as redirects or popups etc... but the situation caught my attention

Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:54 PM