SCSM Exchange Connector RRS feed

• Question

• hi i have SCSM 2010 sp1 and Exchange 2010 Sp1 the problem that the Ex connector never run from the installation
    Ahmed Ali
    Monday, October 3, 2011 1:31 PM

Answers

• The Exchange Connector relies on the Exchange Auto Discover Service being configured in AD/DNS.

There is a section in the Exchange connector deployment guide that describes how to configure and troubleshoot the autodiscover service. There is also a description on how to configure a registry value to connect to a specific Exchange server if you have trouble getting the autodiscover service to work.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

//Per

Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The Exchange connector does not come with the Service Manager installation. You will have to download and install it by yourself.

Download here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26927

Read more here:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2011/01/13/exchange-connector-released.aspx

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Monday, October 3, 2011 1:37 PM
  • thanks for your reply , yes i know and i installed it alreday and it's configured but on start time it's say never Run
    Ahmed Ali
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 5:16 AM
  • Have you checked the Operations Manager event log on the mgmt. server for any errors?

Regards
    //Anders

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:05 AM
  • i didn't seen any problem on the logs
    Ahmed Ali
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:59 AM
  • Okay, that's strange. The exchange connector usually logs very useful information for troubleshooting. Do you have any events with the source Exchange Inbox Connector at all?
    If so, do you have any event that has a description like this: "Exchange Inbox: Done processing emails for alias(es) 'helpdesk@scsm.se'"?

Regards
    //Anders

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:14 AM
  • Hi now i have a problem in OPSMGR say auto Discover service couldn't be located

Ahmed Ali
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 8:43 AM
  • The Exchange Connector relies on the Exchange Auto Discover Service being configured in AD/DNS.

There is a section in the Exchange connector deployment guide that describes how to configure and troubleshoot the autodiscover service. There is also a description on how to configure a registry value to connect to a specific Exchange server if you have trouble getting the autodiscover service to work.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

//Per

Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:43 AM