none
cyclic redundancy check DELL TL 2000 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

how can I force or terminate the "cyclic redundancy check" for tapes?

When I change the magazines it will work for one or two tapes, but for the third tape for example it will give me this error, but the tapes are brand new?

Library drive LTO Tape drive in IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape Library is not functioning and library jobs may fail until the drive is repaired.  The drive is not functioning for the following reason:
     (ID 3303)

DPM encountered a critical error while performing an I/O operation on the tape Sharepoint SQL Server-LT-1Weeks-Copy0-00000009 (MJD063L4) (Barcode - MJD063L4) in Drive LTO Tape drive. (ID 30101 Details: Data error (cyclic redundancy check) (0x80070017))

thanks you.

running version: DPM 2012(4.0.1915.0) on Windows Server 2008R2SP1

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

That is a hardware reported error, DPM is just relaying and reporting it to you.  Check cabling, termination, firmware, drivers, then please work with the tape library vendor to troubleshoot the issue if it persists.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Daniel Ovadia Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:22 AM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

That is a hardware reported error, DPM is just relaying and reporting it to you.  Check cabling, termination, firmware, drivers, then please work with the tape library vendor to troubleshoot the issue if it persists.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Daniel Ovadia Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:22 AM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:47 PM
  • thank you Mike,

I thought it is related to the tape, but what you wrote make sense to me because it stopped in the middle of the backup sometimes..

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:22 AM