• Question

• Hi Experts,
    Result Type
    • Any Result Type
    • Adobe PDF (100)
    • Microsoft Word (50)
    • Web Page (1037)
    • Unknown Format (89)

A wired question. Assuming above is one of my refiner, Is there a way to club multiple modifiers into one? For instance Adobe PDF and Microsoft Word has to be show as a single modifer like
    • Any Result Type
    • Adobe PDF & Word(150)
    • Web Page (1037)
    • Unknown Format (89)
    Any ways to do during the Search time? I would not want to do any fix during the indexing time since the combination (PDF + Word) will vary (like PDF + text + Zip or any other combo) time to time.
    I know its a very wired question. Posting here to test my Luck :)
    Much Thanks!!

Freddie Maize ..A story with Glory is History. Doesn’t matter whether Glory rest in the world of Demon or God. Lets create History..

• Edited by freddieMaize Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:47 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Freddle,

The similar type of post and its solution you find on below link,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fastsharepoint/thread/1c8f6d14-060f-4ebf-8b01-6a8373218147

Regards,

Uday

Monday, November 28, 2011 4:57 AM
  • Hey Thanks Uday, for the reponse and the link.

True that OR operator in the refiner would work but I wanted to know if there is a way to show them as a single Refiner rather than two. This can be done by iterating and labelling them as one but just was curious to know if there is a way to avoid coding work.

Much Thanks!!

Freddie Maize ..A story with Glory is History. Doesn’t matter whether Glory rest in the world of Demon or God. Lets create History..
    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:11 AM
  • Hi Freddle,

The ORing functionality in refinement panel is not supported, I have not found any solution to get this with OOB. To achieve this we should extend the refinement panel.

Regards,

Uday

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:04 AM