none
Change Task Approver RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated the project ownership to another user after publishing the project. How can I change the task approval from my name to someone else?

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Syed,

The status manager has to be updated directly in MS Project Pro by the new approver (you cannot do it for him). So ask the other user to:

1. Open Project Pro,
    2. Open the project,
    3. Insert the status manager column,
    4. Change the value from your name to his name (he can change one value and drag like in Excel the new value for all rows),
    5. Publish and check-in the project.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:22 AM
  • Hello,

If the new owner opens the project, inserts the Status Manager column and sets themselves as the Status Manger then saves and publishes the project they will get the approval requests for Task Updates.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:28 AM
  • Hi,

the new owner needs to change "Status Manager" to his own name.

Therefore, he needs to open the project, add column Status Manager and select the own name from drop down list and publish. Note: it is not possible that you do this. To get the name in the drop down list, he himself needs to set Status Manager to his name for at least one task.

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:29 AM

All replies

• I have updated the project ownership to another user after publishing the project. How can I change the task approval from my name to someone else?

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:10 AM
  • Hi Syed,

The status manager has to be updated directly in MS Project Pro by the new approver (you cannot do it for him). So ask the other user to:

1. Open Project Pro,
    2. Open the project,
    3. Insert the status manager column,
    4. Change the value from your name to his name (he can change one value and drag like in Excel the new value for all rows),
    5. Publish and check-in the project.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:22 AM
  • Hello,

If the new owner opens the project, inserts the Status Manager column and sets themselves as the Status Manger then saves and publishes the project they will get the approval requests for Task Updates.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:28 AM
  • Hi,

the new owner needs to change "Status Manager" to his own name.

Therefore, he needs to open the project, add column Status Manager and select the own name from drop down list and publish. Note: it is not possible that you do this. To get the name in the drop down list, he himself needs to set Status Manager to his name for at least one task.

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:29 AM