Default Autotext Entries Missing in Word 03 RRS feed

• Question

• One of the secretaries apparently deleted all of the default Autotext entires except the ones she uses. The one she deleted and needs was the Filename and Path entry. The Filename and path entry is necessary for an important macro so I really need to recover it. I have been unsuccessful typing in the commands. (Office 03, XP Pro, Windows 03 R2)

Thanks

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:42 PM

Answers

• Try renaming the normal.dot template to oldnormal.dot and then restart Word.

Rather than rely on autotext entries in a macro, I would use the following code to insert the fullname of the file

Selection.Text = ActiveDocument.FullName

or, if you want to insert it as a field, use

ActiveDocument.Fields.Add Selection.Range, wdFieldEmpty, "filename \p"

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Bill10000000" wrote in message news:e7734c3f-c293-4903-b465-73179211fd6d@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

One of the secretaries apparently deleted all of the default Autotext entires except the ones she uses. The one she deleted and needs was the Filename and Path entry. The Filename and path entry is necessary for an important macro so I really need to recover it. I have been unsuccessful typing in the commands. (Office 03, XP Pro, Windows 03 R2)

Thanks

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:58 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:03 AM