Future Feature Request RRS feed

• Question

• In a future release, will it be possible to control the client ui more granualary?  What I would like to control more is in the Tools and Settings.  To be able to grey out any of those links so users will not be able to make any changes. Specifically the Software Explorer.  Most of our users are used to being able to start scans on their own.
    Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Bill!

Thanks for the suggestion!  We are definitely looking at ways to implement a more granular end-user configuration

Thanks

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Saturday, January 27, 2007 12:33 AM
  • Hi Bill,

What other controls would you like to enable or disable for your end-users?

It looks like you would like them to be able to start a scan, is that correct? Is that under all circumstance, such as even when you hide most of the UI from them?

Joel

Forefront Client Security UI PM

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:07 AM
  • Hi Joel,

Yes, I would like them to be able to scan a machine on their own if they wish.  They are used to that with our current antivirus software.  Sometimes our users just need to have a warm feeling if they get nervous.  Also as troubleshooting tool our helpdesk can ask what the dates of the definitions are to see if they are current.

The UI has a great layout already, but we would like to be able to tighten it down.  My biggest concern is the in the Tools tab, labled Software Explorer.  I can see some of our students or staff getting into that spot and either removing or worse disabling programs.  Right now we have a scipt that only checks to see if FCS is installed not checking to see if it running.  I see this feature causing computers to be reimaged at times.  Even if the Tools tab could be greyed out or removed as an option would be helpful.  Right now we are locking the UI down for our end users as we are pushing the software out.

If you would like anymore infomation, please let me know.

Bill

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 8:33 PM