locked
Exchange UM Routing Not working Internally RRS feed

  • Question

  • Recently we have encountered an issue where users can not call into their voicemail box internally from Lync Client.  They are configured in a Lync 2013 server with Exchange Online UM mailboxes.  This all works externally with no issues however, it's only when they are inside the network.  If we dial the auto attendant from inside that also fails, but external again works.  

    Lync configuration has not changed, and I'm not seeing or at least it looks like I'm not seeing all the SIP info thru SIP trace as the results are inconsistent for what I see for an external call (then again, I could be looking at the wrong things). 

    all Incoming and Outgoing calls work just fine.  It's only the handoff to Exchange UM when calls originate from inside the network where the failure occurs.  I've validated the configuration multiple times, and to be sure have gone back thru and explicitly reset the configuration, even recreating the UM contact. 

    Because their network is managed by a 3rd party I need to isolate to determine if it indeed a network or a Lync issue.  As far as I know calls should route the same to UM whether they originate internally or externally, they should route to the FE and then to UM server.   Is that correct?  What else should I be looking at?

    *Edit*

    I've also opened a case and I'll keep thread updated as I gather information  ( 116081714554393 )

    *Edit 2*

    Connection <g class="gr_ gr_110 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="110" id="110">are</g> working, however, once users are in the subscriber access line it's not recognizing the extension.  This only happens internally, externally, I can call in and it recognizes the extensions.  Odd - I check as possibly I thought it was still routing internally to Exchange server, but the trace only shows attempts at Exchange Online.  If they (internal / external calls) are all hitting same UM server, why would there be this different experience?


    J. Shelby




    • Edited by J. Shelby Monday, August 22, 2016 5:36 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:15 PM

Answers

  • If you have only from internal problems, you should check you connection from the client to the Edge if the client try to reach exchange UM.

    Ýou should analyze the client trace to see what error do you get if the client try to call the voicemail.


    regards Holger Technical Specialist UC

    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:27 PM

All replies

  • Hi J.Shelby,

    Please check if the internal interface of the EDGE server has a default gateway. If there is, remove it and test again. And make sure you have a persistent route on the internal EDGE network interface for all client subnets in the environment.

    Meanwhile, to check if it's network work related, you can capture logs for analysis. For more details about the how it works and how to determine the issue via logs, you may refer to this blog: Integrate On Premise Lync or Skype for Business with Office 365 UM Online .

    Hope the above information helps for you.

    Best Regards,
    Jessie Yuan


    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 4:57 AM
  • Unfortunately not.   The gateway configuration and persistent routes are correct.  This was working prior, but stopped about a month ago.  There were no documented changes and I have not been able to isolate the problem. 

    J. Shelby

    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 2:01 PM
  • If you have only from internal problems, you should check you connection from the client to the Edge if the client try to reach exchange UM.

    Ýou should analyze the client trace to see what error do you get if the client try to call the voicemail.


    regards Holger Technical Specialist UC

    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:27 PM