none
Stop users changing their photo in Outlook - can a GPO do this?

Question

• Hello,

We are populating AD with users photos and it also shows up in Outlook which is a nice feature, but users can chnage their picture, can we use a GPO to block this so only we can control this?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may try the below command in powershell:

Set-OwaVirtualDirectory -id "owa (Default Web Site)" -SetPhotoEnabled $False

Please have a try and then let us know the result.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may try the below command in powershell:

Set-OwaVirtualDirectory -id "owa (Default Web Site)" -SetPhotoEnabled $False

Please have a try and then let us know the result.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:42 AM
  • Where is this set on the Exchange server?

I thought it would be some sort of Office GPO?

Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:58 AM
  • I dont think there is a setting for this you can turn the photo off in its entirety however 
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:16 AM
  • We have a tool that updates their pictures, but want to just block users doing this themselves so we do need to have this feature.
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:21 AM
  • not sure its possible i may be wrong, why dont you run the PS script and see if it works
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:28 AM