none
no domain controllers could be contacted RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

First I wanna apologize if this is the wrong forum, i couldn't find a relevant one.

I have a DC setup on a server running windows Server 2016, everything had been working fine for over a year now, we left the office and everything was working yesterday, today we came into the office and I can't join new computers to DC (getting the below error), we have an ERP system that needs to be on a DC network to function, it stopped working.

this had happened before and I solved it by renaming the domain, but I can't keep renaming domain, why does that happen and how to solve & prevent it from happening ever again.

when using full domain name (Domain.com) I get below error without prompting for domain admin user and pass.

but when using the netbios name, i get prompted for user and pass, but still get a different error (The Network path was not found" even though I can access shared folders on DC.

clients I'm trying to add or are already added all run win 10 x64 1903 and some 2004

Error :

Note: This information is intended for a network administrator.  If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\Windows\debug\dcdiag.txt.

DNS was successfully queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain "Cedar.com":

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.Cedar.com

The following domain controllers were identified by the query:
    sage-server.cedar.com

However no domain controllers could be contacted.

Common causes of this error include:

- Host (A) or (AAAA) records that map the names of the domain controllers to their IP addresses are missing or contain incorrect addresses.

- Domain controllers registered in DNS are not connected to the network or are not running.

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 10:17 AM