Prompted Message Box not hilighted RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,I recently developed an application using Installshield 12 sp2.I got a problem in Vista\7 while installing an application.

Please follow the steps for understanding my query..........

1.Install the application in Windows Vista/7/Xp.

2.Againg Install the same application over without uninstall earlier.

3.Now it asks "Do you want to uninstall the application perminently?"(It is a Yes/No-Message Box).

Here i am getting problem

4.This Message box is not hilighted(selected) in Vista/7.i.e.,No input is not working from Keyboard on this Message box.Using mouse or by Alt+Tab i am selecting this Message box for further process.

5.The above step (4) is again working,when i follow the same steps 1,2 and 3 in Windows Xp.While using Vista and 7 only i am getting problems.

Why it is happening in Vista/7 not in Xp...I hope any one will help me to trace this..

Thank in Advance,

Ramakrishna
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is developing related issue. Please understand UAC was introduced since Windows Vista. There might be some compatibility issues. When installing, you can try right click on the exe file, select "Run as administrator" to check the result. Meanwhile, as this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to MSDN forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories/

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, June 3, 2011 8:29 AM