IDT High Definition Audio Driver Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Gateway MT6706 that came equipped with Windows Vista, I have decided to install Windows Xp Pro. Service Pack3 which I know is a downgrade but for some reason I can't find the correct driver download for my sound. IDT High Definition Audio Codec is what I was searching for but have been unsuccessful in downloading one that will activate my sound. Error message 0x80004005 comes up when I try to access it. Is there an alernate beta download that would patch this problem or does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please download the proper one from the Gateway download center according to the exact model.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 28, 2011 9:53 AM