UAG Array member server IIS configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone with a UAG Array could check one of their member servers IIS and see if they have the IIS site for their portal or not.

My new (and only) member server which I joined to my main UAG server acting as the Array Manager does not have anything in IIS other than the default website and the WebMonitor site, (which doesn't seem to work.) On my client when I try and connect to the NLB address I am getting hit and miss results. Sometimes I get to the portal and sometimes I just get the IIS home screen of the defualt website. So I'm guessing when I am getting connected to my UAG Manager I get the portal and when I get connected to my UAG member all it can do is connect me to the defualt website.

Many thanks

Jason

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

You should definitely see an additional IIS web site created for your trunk, on each one of the UAG array members. The fact that you do not see this means that the configuration activation on this specific member failed. Launch the Activation Monitor and watch it while you activate the UAG configuration again, and hopefully you will see some information as to what goes wrong.

-Ran

• Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jason Revill Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

You should definitely see an additional IIS web site created for your trunk, on each one of the UAG array members. The fact that you do not see this means that the configuration activation on this specific member failed. Launch the Activation Monitor and watch it while you activate the UAG configuration again, and hopefully you will see some information as to what goes wrong.

-Ran

• Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jason Revill Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:59 PM
  • Hi Ran,

Thanks for your resposne, I've not been monitoring the Activation monitoring tool, so that has helped.

The error I was recieving stated that there were certificate issues between my two array members. So after some research I found that the UAG SSL cert had to be exported on to any member servers with the private key. So I have done this, removed and added the member but still having issues creating the IIS site.

The Activation Monitor error is:

Error: The Internal Website (websitename) could not be created

Error: The Web site (websitename) could not be added to the IIS.

So the Certificate issue seems to have got me past the first hurdle, but now strangely my original problem is still occuring.

Many thanks,

Jason

Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:38 AM
  • Activation monitor helped me identify the Certificate issue.

Once I had installed the cert properly, the IIS site was created.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:12 PM
  • Good stuff! :)
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:22 PM