New Proclarity install - Help Required RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, and hope you can help me.

We have recently introduced proclarity into our environment, I have been installing 6.3 onto various machines and I have been having mixed results with the install.

We run a restriced desktop environment, users have no admin rights, so the install was elevated and the option ticked for all users to be able to use the product.

On opening the application, we wanted to view the Tutorial and a error message appeared stating that access was denied ???, logged on with local admin and seems to work ??

then using a local cube created by one of our users, when loading it states that its currently in use by another process, yet i am able to access it on my machine (i am an administrator)

Can anyone help with the install of this product in a Admin restrictive Environment

With thanks

M
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:10 AM

Answers

• Hello M,

In order to workaround the issue described above you will have to give your ProClarity users 'Modify' rights to c:\program files\common files\proclarity\client. This should allow the Getting Started Tutorial to open.  In regards to the local cube scenario; where is the cube stores?  On the local hdd or on a network share? 

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Monday, July 27, 2009 3:24 PM
    Monday, July 6, 2009 9:35 PM