none
"Create Project" button missing from PWA in New SharePoint List Design RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have Project server 2010 setup. We a custom list with many ideas and these ideas has to be created as projects. But in the custom list the "Create Button" is missing in the ribbon. I have actived the "Project ProPosal Workflow" as well but no luck. We need to use this "Create Button" option for bulk projects creation.

Please suggest how I can make the button visible or suggest out of the box approaches for bulk projects creation.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:39 PM

Answers

• Hello Everyone,

As Project Server 2010 doesn't support "Create Project" option we are finally considering Powershell Scripts option for the bulk projects creations.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hello Everyone,

As per my analysis "Create Button" is not supported in Project Server 2010. Tried with creating project "From SharePoint List" option, this will create single project and all the items in the list will be added as the tasks under the project. This solution will not feasible in my case. So I am going with Powershell Scripts for bulk projects creation.

Please provide your thoughts on this. 

Thanks in advance.

Monday, May 15, 2017 5:01 PM
  • Hello Everyone,

As Project Server 2010 doesn't support "Create Project" option we are finally considering Powershell Scripts option for the bulk projects creations.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:34 PM