none
UAG SP1 User Password Change error RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed SP1 on our UAG server.  When a user tries to change their password they now get an error stating:

You have attempted to access a restricted URL
    The URL contains an invalid path

In the web monitor I get this error:

A request from source IP address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, user on trunk portal; Secure=1 for application Portal of type Portal failed. The URL /SecurePortalPortalHomePage/ValidateChangePassword.asp contains an illegal path. The rule applied is Default rule. The method is POST.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Amig@. The problem is that at some point, it seems that a path is changed and instead of /internalsite the validation is done against /portalhomepage. Ran was troubleshooting and found out that the behavior is the right one in a newer version of SP1 (the available for all of us is RC). Anyway, if you need a workoaround in case your UAG is in production, you can edit the file loginchangepassword.asp in /von/internalsite, locate the line action="validatechangepassword.asp" and change it to "/internalsite/validatechangepassword.asp"

Remember that it is not recommended to edit files out of the CustomUpdate folders, but this is just a temporary workaround ;-P

Hope it helps

// Raúl - I love this game
    • Edited by RMoros Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:13 PM Typo
    • Marked as answer by Dan.Morris Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Amig@. The problem is that at some point, it seems that a path is changed and instead of /internalsite the validation is done against /portalhomepage. Ran was troubleshooting and found out that the behavior is the right one in a newer version of SP1 (the available for all of us is RC). Anyway, if you need a workoaround in case your UAG is in production, you can edit the file loginchangepassword.asp in /von/internalsite, locate the line action="validatechangepassword.asp" and change it to "/internalsite/validatechangepassword.asp"

Remember that it is not recommended to edit files out of the CustomUpdate folders, but this is just a temporary workaround ;-P

Hope it helps

// Raúl - I love this game
    • Edited by RMoros Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:13 PM Typo
    • Marked as answer by Dan.Morris Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:13 PM
  • Perfect thank you.  I made the edit to the file after backing it up and it now works. 
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:22 PM
  • Thanks for this posting as I have been going bonkers trying to resolve it and looking at the fact that we were using the evaluation version 4.0.1752.10000 version from 2012, never expected to run into this but yes in this version the bug is still there and the solution still works
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 5:22 PM