can't auto actived windows 10 LTSC on another motherboard after run sysprep without internet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I built an image windows 10 LTSC for many PCs customer. so I using sysprep while deploying OS windows 10.

The first I install windows Ctr +shift+F3 to audit mode. at here, I install all drivers and updated lasted OS windows.

I add key and using command: slmgr /cpky for hidden key in registry.

Then, I run sysprep command: sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown (with unattend.xml put in C:\windows\system32\sysprep)

Next step: I capture image at here, target for deploying many PCs.

next step: I deploy this image to another motherboard still model the same. but without connect internet.

after finished deploying. I connect internet and click active windows-> FAIL. I must type manual key.

I want windows auto active at this step for another motherboard. how to process anyway? 

p/s: if I deploy on mainboard using for building is work normaly.

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

KB4495667 has been replaced by the latest update KB4494441. KB4494441 solved some known issues in 4495667, please install the latest and check the symptom. 

If the issue remains, we can use Windows 10 built-in feedback hub (type feedback hub in search box) to give Microsoft a valuable feedback and I am going to submit this case to Microsoft via our channel. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4494441/windows-10-update-kb4494441

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by JQmk Thursday, May 16, 2019 1:52 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To automatically activate Windows by using a product key, we can use the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup\ProductKey unattend setting. You can use either a single-use product key or a Volume License Multiple Activation Key.

The product key used to activate Windows must match the Windows edition that you install. If you use a product key to select a Windows edition, we recommend using the same key to activate Windows, so that the edition you install is the same as the edition that you activate.

More information, refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-8.1-and-8/hh825195(v=win.10)#activate-windows

ProduckKey: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/desktop/unattend/microsoft-windows-shell-setup-productkey

Here is a thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/4104fa3f-9c36-4d45-aa36-677602894768/sysprep-maintain-activation-and-product-key?forum=w7itproinstall

Best regards,

Yilia 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:20 AM
  • Hi Zhao,

I have tested on my image, we found issue from updated KB name: KB4495667. 

I know we can active using command add in to unattend.xml, but, that PC, we will deploy on many PCs, we can't put key license OEM into unattend.xml.

the way building image we build in audit mode and hiden key by slmgr.vbs /cpky.

after, capture image with sysprep /generalize /oobe /unattend:unattend.xml

when run deploy image for PC without connect internet.

if don't install KB4495667 we can auto actived after deploying.

if must install this updated, we actived fail. cause, KB4495667 will delete key was hidden,

must type manual key

we don't want this way.

who can know, how do it from KB4495667?

Thanks,

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

KB4495667 has been replaced by the latest update KB4494441. KB4494441 solved some known issues in 4495667, please install the latest and check the symptom. 

If the issue remains, we can use Windows 10 built-in feedback hub (type feedback hub in search box) to give Microsoft a valuable feedback and I am going to submit this case to Microsoft via our channel. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4494441/windows-10-update-kb4494441

Best regards,

Yilia 

• Marked as answer by JQmk Thursday, May 16, 2019 1:52 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:34 AM
  • Hi Yilia,

I can't run this update with wusa.exe that show message"The updates is not applicable to your computer".

that can get auto update from internet ?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:05 AM
  • Hi Yilia,

this issue was resolved, Thanks much

Thursday, May 16, 2019 1:52 AM
  • Dear Yilia,

today, I get new update KB4497934. I meet that issue again as this topic as in update KB4495667 in 3 May. then 14 May microsoft release update KB4494441 is this issue resolve.

now, new update KB4497934. it show again. I can't auto active windows when deploy to another PC. we using OEM key.

please help me feedback to microsoft.

Thanks much,

• Edited by JQmk Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:57 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:55 PM