as RRS feed

• Question

•  

Posts 1
    Re: Conexant High Definition Audio driver for Vista x86
    Was this post helpful ?

I have a 9000t but the same sound card.  What I did...

uninstall the driver from device manager.

download the XP drivers from hp.com and run the program.

Vista will install a driver automatically... (notice your

Sunday, November 4, 2007 7:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I note this issue has been discussed a lot in post:

Conexant High Definition Audio driver for Vista x86

However,Elwakka’s solution seems can be a work-around for this issue,but we do not recommed you to install Windows XP version of device drivers on a Windows Vista computer as it may cause potential problems in the long run. 

Therefore, our suggestion is: If the Windows XP drivers work, we can use it as a temporary workaround at this time. However, in the long run, we strongly recommend they contact HP to push them upgrade the drivers to ensure the devices can seamlessly work with Windows Vista.

Meanwhile,almeidap's suggestion could be the solution to this issue,please update your sound card to compatible with the Vista sound software layer.

Thanks for your understanding!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I note this issue has been discussed a lot in post:

Conexant High Definition Audio driver for Vista x86

However,Elwakka’s solution seems can be a work-around for this issue,but we do not recommed you to install Windows XP version of device drivers on a Windows Vista computer as it may cause potential problems in the long run. 

Therefore, our suggestion is: If the Windows XP drivers work, we can use it as a temporary workaround at this time. However, in the long run, we strongly recommend they contact HP to push them upgrade the drivers to ensure the devices can seamlessly work with Windows Vista.

Meanwhile,almeidap's suggestion could be the solution to this issue,please update your sound card to compatible with the Vista sound software layer.

Thanks for your understanding!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:57 AM
  • As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Friday, November 23, 2007 1:48 AM