none
Lost Dimension selection with migration of OLAP reports from Project Server 2007 to 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm currently helping a customer migrate from Project Server 2007 to Project Server 2013. This customers has a great number of Excel reports based on OLAP cube. We migrated the Project Server and generated a new OLAP cube with identical custom fields, then we tried changing the data source of the Excel files to the new OLAP cube.

However, when we do this, all dimensions selected in the Pivot table (as line, column or filter) are lost. Only measures remain selected correctly. I double checked that we have all custom fields: everything's there and called the same. Yet Excel can only keep track of the measures. Even Pivot tables based on cubes with no custom fields whatsoever, such as "Issues", can't keep track of the dimensions.

I've reproduced this both with Excel 2010 and Excel 2013. The only difference in the structure of the cubes are those introduced by Microsoft (new fields). Is there a solution for this? Or does my customer have to rebuild all their OLAP reports?

Thursday, April 7, 2016 6:11 AM

All replies