Outlook 2016 - Setting up exchange account RRS feed

• Question

• To whom it may concern:

I was told by microsoft I could download the personal 365 and have my lplmail.lpl.com (exchange email) accessible through it.   Microsoft then explained the personal version could not port from this exchange email since I needed to purchase the 365 business instead.  I think shared my disspointment with microsoft about advising me to purchase personal later to find out they are incompatible.  Can someone please find a way to allow my emails to link to my desktop personal 365.

Please feel free to email or call at any point.  Thank you for your help!

my email: xxxxxx@lpl.com

Phone number: 607-316xxxx

• Edited by Steve Fan Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:56 AM hide private info
    • Moved by Steve Fan Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:31 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Monday, July 23, 2018 7:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From the description, it looks you have bought Office 365 Personal but you cannot add your Exchange account in Outlook, correct? If this is the case, may I know whether there is any error message when it failed to add your account in Outlook?

Besides, Exchange accounts can only be added to Outlook 2016 using auto account setup, which requires your Exchange admin to configure AutoDiscover correctly. You may first contact your Exchange admin to confirm this.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, July 30, 2018 10:33 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:29 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information were helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:51 AM