none
Server 2008 UAC question RRS feed

• Question

• I have read the other topics in the forums related to this, and nothing solves the issue for me. I hope someone can help. I am running DFS on server 2008 R2. I am logged in as a member of the Domain Admins group. Domain Admins are a member of the local server Admins. The local server admins group is the owner of all folders and files. I have turned off UAC using secpol.msc, also by lowering the slider to the lowest setting in control panel. After a reboot I still cannot get accurate "properties" information from folders on the server regarding how many files they contain and their size. I also get frequent prompts saying I must click "continue" to open the folder. I have the same problem on the other server running DFS. I cannot seem to turn off UAC completely no matter what I do. Is there anything I have missed?

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:55 PM

Answers

• Are you sure you're the owner of the files/folders you can't view?  Also keep in mind, that even with domain admin rights, you may still find cases where UAC will prompt you for admin access, especially if you are logging in as a regular domain admin, and not the built-in DOMAIN\administrator account.
    • Marked as answer by 朱鸿文 Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:21 AM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:01 AM