Filters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is it possible to filter blank(or any customized filtering) rows and columns in the grid report where the measures are calculated measures from the cube?  can someone help me on this

Regards,
    Kailash
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hello Kalish,

There are no filters for your desired functionality.  What's the end-goal though?  Maybe we can figure something else out.  It sounds as if you only want base measures displayed, is that correct?  And if so, can you elaborate as to why your end-users cannot simply de-select the calc measures from the proclarity report?  How many measures are you currently working with?

Regards,

Amanda

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:56 PM
  • Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the reply. We have 4 calculated measures used in the grid report plotted against the geography hierarchy.We want to filter the blank rows and rows having value as zero. Filtering of these rows are possible only with base measures but not the calculated ones.

The reports are to deployed on SharePoint which negates the end-users to do any adhoc analysis.
    Is there a way to achieve this??

Regards,
    Kailash
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:35 AM
  • I'm not sure I completely understand the question.  What filter feature are you using?  What exactly at you seeing when you try to do this?  Perhaps some screenshots would help?
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:28 PM
  • Hi Kailash,

As Ben suggested, a few screen caps might help us to better understand the issue.  The hide emty feature does not discriminate against calculated measures, so if you apply a non-empty filter the empty cells stemming from the calculated measures should be included in that filter as well.  If you have the ability to send screen caps that would be great.  We'll wait to hear back from you and hopefully to be able to provide a more definite explanation next time.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Friday, January 9, 2009 7:06 PM