none
Manage PF in 2007 without powershell

Question

• I took over an E2K7 environment with a large pf system still in 2K3. There are 2 2k3 servers, the pf db is about 1.7TB.  I would like to start moving the pf from 2K3 to 2K7.  My predecessor ran into issues with moving to 2007, one was the lack of connection with OWA but that  has been resolved.  The other is allowing the service center access to manage the pf environment.  There is no powershell understanding in our service center and I want to limit their access for security.

I would like to start moving one of the pf servers to 2007, virtual.

Any ideas on this?

Monday, April 04, 2011 5:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please refer to the article below to migrate the public folder

Administration of Public Folders with the introduction of Exchange 2007

In order to prevent network performance issue, please don’t enable the replication for all public folders at once, and also, please set the replication schedule to a non-productive period

James Luo

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:46 AM
  • Thanks James, I'm looking more for what other email admins are doing to allow help desk persons to manage public folders in 2007 - and 2010. 
    Tuesday, April 05, 2011 12:48 PM
  • Also make sure to have your 2003 SMTP virtual server pointing to your inside FQDN

http://www.arcticfalcon.com/?p=94

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 4:23 PM
  • Appreciate the help guys, but I'm not looking for information on how to migrate public folders or replicate public folders.  Guess the title reads that way though.  I'm looking for information on managing public folders in 2007 without powershell.  I imagine other Exchange Administrators have experience with this. 

Does 2007 and 2010 allow for managing public folders without powershell?

What are the limitations in managing Public Folders in 2007 and 2010 without powershell?

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 6:29 PM
  • Exchange 2007\2010 has a GUI for managing PFs. It is in EMC under Toolbox and Public folder management console. The link below shows what can be done via GUi and via powershell for managing public folders

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124411.aspx

• Marked as answer by The_Messenger Tuesday, April 05, 2011 6:58 PM
    Tuesday, April 05, 2011 6:57 PM
  • Thanks I will check out the link.  I have resistance in completely moving to 2007 because of the perception is that pf can't be managed by help desk.

In your experience is this the case?

Is 2010 the same as 2007 for pf management?

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 7:00 PM