Unable to launch .vcxproj from Virtual App Visual Studio 2010 : Error : MSBuild does not contain a value for the "VCTargetsPath" property. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I sequenced Visual studio 2010 as per the link Sequencing Visual Studio 2010.

Since my machine is already having .net 4.5 version installed. There is a business requirement of .net 4.0 so I sequenced it too following Guide to sequencing .NET 4.0 with App-V 4.6 SP1

Then I did DSC of .net 4.0 with Visual Studio 2010. Published both app. Launched Visual Studio 2010 main shortcut. Tried to open VC++ project .vcxproj file but getting Error : MSBuild does not contain a value for the "VCTargetsPath" property.

To troubleshoot, I changed registry value named DefaultToolsVersion located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\4.0 from 2.0 to 4.0.

But still issue not resolved. Please help.

If I don't publish .net 4.0 and removed DSC of .net 4.0 from visual studio, above test case passed. Project file loaded successfully.

Regards, Firoz Ahmad (Cheeeeeerrrrssssss)

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:49 AM

All replies

• Questions about sequencing applications belong in the App-V forum, this forum is only for providing successful recipes for others to follow. This thread will be moved to the App-V forum.

Brandon
    MDOP for IT Professionals on TechNet

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:08 PM