preventing 'stuck' jobs in the print queue RRS feed

• Question

• I know how to fix it temporarily:

net stop spooler

del /q c:\windows\system32\spool\printers\*.*

net start spooler

(I might have to do this twice to get all the files.)

But how do I prevent 'stuck' print jobs in the future in Windows 7 64 bit?

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you uninstall the printer driver, clean the printer cache, then reinstall the printer driver to check if it works.

Regards,

Miya 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:28 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2011 2:24 AM

All replies

• I never had it. Exclude the folder from your AntiVirus scanner?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:28 PM
  • I only have Windows Defender currently.  *shrug*

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:31 PM
  • I never had so it was just a guess. Wait if other users have ideas.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you uninstall the printer driver, clean the printer cache, then reinstall the printer driver to check if it works.

Regards,

Miya 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:28 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2011 2:24 AM