none
Deploying Flash16 Through GPO Not Working

Question

• I've searched the forums here and @ Adobe and was not able to find a solutions. I downloaded the Adobe 16 Administrator Guide and followed the instructions (which are very straight forward) with still no luck. I downloaded the MSI from Adobe, applied the GPO through both options (computer & user). When I go to the Event Viewer and search for the specific GPO event, it shows that it applied (no errors) but when I try to access a specific website it still prompts to install the plugin. I have done several gpupdate/force with no luck. I have a environment on my AD for just testing so that I could isolate any issues.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I have over 200 computers that I need to touch and want to avoid that route.

Thank you

• Edited by IHCHAVEZ Monday, February 02, 2015 10:27 PM
    Monday, February 02, 2015 6:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

May I know if the old version of the flash has been removed from the computer? You can uninstall it and then have a try.

If the problem still exists, I suggest that you might consult with Adobe. Since you configured the GPO according to the document, and in my point of view, there's no issues related to the group policy settings.They may have some ideas about your problem. 

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 09, 2015 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If I understand you well, you deploy the Adobe flash via GPO without errors, and gpo also applied in clients successfully. So I assume you configured the  group policy  correctly. But when you open IE, it still requested to install adobe. May I know have you tried to reboot your client and check the results?

You  may try to restart your pc, and during the pc reboot, you can see a installation of  Adobe Flash Player msi, after computer online, you can find the application has been installed.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 8:58 AM
  • As Elaine mentioned you must reboot the system and see.

which method you applied to push MSI? its assign or publish?for better understanding you may visit : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc783635%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Regards, Prabhu

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

If I understand you well, you deploy the Adobe flash via GPO without errors, and gpo also applied in clients successfully. So I assume you configured the  group policy  correctly. But when you open IE, it still requested to install adobe. May I know have you tried to reboot your client and check the results?

You  may try to restart your pc, and during the pc reboot, you can see a installation of  Adobe Flash Player msi, after computer online, you can find the application has been installed.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine

That is correct Elaine. As of now, I am just testing it on one computer. Once I know it works, then I can roll it out to the other 200+ computers. Yes, I have restarted the computer multiple times and still no installation. I check on the browser (in this case firefox, really do not like it but must have it installed) and when I check in programs & features. And still nada. I really don't get it.

Friday, February 06, 2015 6:55 PM
  • As Elaine mentioned you must reboot the system and see.

which method you applied to push MSI? its assign or publish?for better understanding you may visit : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc783635%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Regards, Prabhu

I did and not just one time, multiple times.

I am assigning and doing it on the computer configuration and user configuration (hopefully one will work) I've tried either or (switching between) and still no success. I've read the site. Thanks.

• Edited by IHCHAVEZ Friday, February 06, 2015 7:02 PM
    Friday, February 06, 2015 7:02 PM
  • Hi,

May I know if the old version of the flash has been removed from the computer? You can uninstall it and then have a try.

If the problem still exists, I suggest that you might consult with Adobe. Since you configured the GPO according to the document, and in my point of view, there's no issues related to the group policy settings.They may have some ideas about your problem. 

Best Regards,

Elaine

Monday, February 09, 2015 2:35 AM