Office 365 ProPlus Outlook freezes RRS feed

• Question

• I am doing a 365 deployment for a company and some of the users previously had office 2007 and some had office 2013. The issue I am running into deals with the people that had office 2007. I use the Microsoft Fix It tool to uninstall Office 2007. After the computer restarts, I install Office 365 ProPlus from OWA for each individual user. When setting up these people's Outlook profiles, it always hangs up on the Windows Security Credentials asking for the exchange password again. I have to open task manager and close out Outlook. There are no issues with the users who had 2013 installed on their computers. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Nick

Monday, January 26, 2015 10:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We may need to collect information from the Event Logs to find the cause of this issue.

Press Win + R, type "eventvwr" in the blank box, press Enter.

Browse to Windows Logs -> Application, once the issue occurs, there should be some error messages from which we may find the cause of the problem.

You can also send us the logs if there is any, thus we can help analyze the issue. To protect your private information, please send the information to our email address:

ibsofc@microsoft.com

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We may need to collect information from the Event Logs to find the cause of this issue.

Press Win + R, type "eventvwr" in the blank box, press Enter.

Browse to Windows Logs -> Application, once the issue occurs, there should be some error messages from which we may find the cause of the problem.

You can also send us the logs if there is any, thus we can help analyze the issue. To protect your private information, please send the information to our email address:

ibsofc@microsoft.com

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:33 AM
  • Do you have Acro Tray running in your task manager?  End it and see if that helps the situation.
    Friday, May 5, 2017 3:24 PM