none
Built-in Administrator Account Deleted RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem on FIM portal. I don't how, but the built-in administrator account was deleted on FIM portal.

This Administrator account (set during the installation) has a specific GUID : 7fb2b853-24f0-4498-9534-4e10589723c4.

This account has to be present (probably used to install updates), as written on Best practices:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/best-practices-for-the-fim-portal-administrator-account.aspx

Do you have any information about the consequence to don't have this account, and do you know any process or action to do in order to create new account with this specific resource ID ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Consequences are very bad unfortunately, if you was using this account to work flows, sync etc.

There are two solutions. This is not possible to restore the user with same ID any way.

One solution is that if you have DB back up if you have. Restore from that time when every thing was working well.

Second way is that, if you did not did much job with it and dont have backup. You can reinstall the fim and when instalation start it will ask want to restore. then just restore it.

Regards,

M. Irfan

Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:24 PM
  • Workflows, sync or custom activities don't use this account. I don't have any impact yet to don't have it (in fact, I use the built-in sync account and not buit-in admin account).

I don't have backup with this account. In fact this account was deleted a long time ago and all backup saved don't have it.

I will try to restore it by using the installation wizard, but at this time I don't see any impact to don't have this account. CA, sync, WF and KB installation (upgrade) seem to work correctly.

So, do you have any idea of the impact to don't have it ?

Thanks !

Antho09.

Friday, October 26, 2012 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

If you think everything is working well, then how can be any impact?

And in future if you think there need to restore. Take the backup of existing DB. And restore it as I above mentioned. And use the existing DB rather than to create new DB.

Most probably all information will be restored.

Regards,

M. Irfan

• Proposed as answer by M.Irfan Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:01 AM
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:01 AM