SCSM 2012 gets stuck processing when creating a queue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to create all the queues for Service Manager 2012.  I have a Management Pack that I have decided to use just to hold all the queues.

When I try to create the queue, I get a status bar that just keeps scrolling and doesn't do anything.  I've waited overnight to see if this would be done, but to no avail.

Assuming the Management Pack was corrupt, I've deleted and re-created the Management Pack.  Please help as I would like to deploy this soon.

Friday, March 8, 2013 2:04 PM

Answers

• Turns out, the issue was on the SQL Server side.  DBA's were able to do something (not specifically related to the database, but the server itself) and it began working.
    • Marked as answer by Luis Al Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:01 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:38 PM

All replies

• I have also verified, that it doesn't matter which Management Pack I attempt to add this to.  Even an established Management Pack hangs when creating the queue.
    Friday, March 8, 2013 2:30 PM
  • Finally found an error message:

This request operation sent to net.tcp://servername:5724/DispatcherService did not receive a reply within the configured timeout.

The database is already set to autogrow, and I'm not seeing any other issues with it.

Friday, March 8, 2013 4:19 PM
  • When looking at the Event Viewer, I can only assume these are related:

The database subscription query is longer than expected. Check the database or simplify the database subscription criteria.

The following errors were encountered:

Exception message: Subscription query is taking long.

Friday, March 8, 2013 4:34 PM
  • This is the end result in Event Viewer when it stops:

An exception was thrown while processing TryUpdateManagementPackWithResources for session ID uuid:e4163d91-b49c-4d1e-8ad2-5b24cc0f35f7;id=2.

Exception message: Database error. MPInfra_p_ManagementPackInstall failed with exception:

Database error. MPInfra_p_ManagementPackInstall failed with exception:

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

The statement has been terminated.

Full Exception: : Database error. MPInfra_p_ManagementPackInstall failed with exception:

Database error. MPInfra_p_ManagementPackInstall failed with exception:

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

The statement has been terminated.

Friday, March 8, 2013 8:42 PM
  • All management packs referenced in this queue Management Pack I created are already sealed.  It only uses the Incident Management Library, Service Manager Console Manager, System Center Core Library, and System Work Item Library.  These are all packs that I shouldn't be modifying anyways.

Monday, March 11, 2013 12:49 PM
  • What kind of Queue are you trying to make? Can you show us the criterias etc. Have you tried to just make a simple dummy one?
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:15 AM
  • I made a name for a queue.  Put in Work Item Type of Incident (Basic not advanced).

Put in the Support Group that I wanted for that queue, click Next, then Create.  That's it.  Management Pack was completely empty.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:48 PM
  • Hard to say. Timeout to the sql server could be a lot of things. Just to exclude performance issues, you could try to make a Queue that hits workitems not in use, e.g. class = change request (or another not being used). When you select Incidents it trawls through all the instances already created and looks for Support Group = xx. Which could take some time.

Make sure your service account has all the necessary rights, both on SQL and management server.

Friday, March 15, 2013 9:08 AM
  • Turns out, the issue was on the SQL Server side.  DBA's were able to do something (not specifically related to the database, but the server itself) and it began working.
    • Marked as answer by Luis Al Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:01 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:38 PM