none
Determine when 6to4 adapter lost IPv6 address RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a simple question that I have not been able to find an answer to after researching this for the past two weeks. Hopefully someone fluent in IPv6 technologies can point me in the right direction.

I am trying to find out when the 6to4 adapter on one of our domain controllers was no longer assigned an IPv6 address.

ipconfig shows a 6to4 tunnel adapter on the domain controller but no address is assigned for some reason. I'd like to find out when this happened. Is there a specific log in event viewer that I can turn to for this information, or a way that I can enable auditing on this change in the future? I reviewed all logs related to networking but have not been able to determine when or why this happened.

The reason I am concerned is because we have another member server with the directaccess role installed, and occasionally it will no longer authenticate with our domain controllers. This prevents clients from establishing a directaccess connection.

My theory is that the directaccess server is attempting to reach the domain controller that no longer has 6to4 address using the 6to4 transition technology.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alex Tester Information Technology Assistant National Automotive Experts

Friday, January 22, 2016 3:21 AM

Answers

All replies