Issue in processing HL7 v2.4 messages in HL7 Accelerator 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

We are migrating from BizTalk Server 2006 to 2009 & installed HL7 Accelerator 2009. HL7 v2.4 message is failing in Receive pipeline as its not able to parse the message. I got the following error in Event Log.

<Error>

There was an error in parsing header 

Error # 1

Alternate Error Number: 301

Alternate Error Description: Schema http://microsoft.com/HealthCare/HL7/2X#MSH_25_GLO_DEF not found

Alternate Encoding System: HL7-BTA  

</Error>

According to MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ee404912(v=BTS.10).aspx), it says MSH_25_GLO_DEF.xsd i.e. MSH of v2.5 is used to validate the incoming message headers. But we are using custom MSH_24_GLO_DEF.xsd schema.

I verified the schemas installed by accelerator (C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk 2009 Accelerator for HL7\Templates\Schemas\V2.X). There is no MSH_24_GLO_DEF.xsd schema under 2.4 folder. It uses MSH_25_GLO_DEF.xsd schema (under 2.5 folder) to parse all incoming messages irrespective of versions. 

I tried installing 2006 HL7 Accelerator, but i am not able to click "Next" button as mentioned in this forum (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkgeneral/thread/566e13d9-8225-4222-8256-870578078fad). 

Any idea??

Thanks in advance, Vishnu

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hello,

About the installation, it appears that the ‘Next’ button is grayed out when you try to install a different version than what Biztalk version you have installed.  I am assuming that you have BTS2009 and trying to install the accelerator for 2006.  That is normal behavior. 

In addition for the rest of the problem it will probably be better if you open a case.  I have seen these types of issues it could take a lots time to resolve. 

Thanks,

Monday, October 4, 2010 8:02 PM

All replies

• Please try copying MSH_24_GLO_DEF.xsd from 2006 over to 2009 and refrence the schema in the pipeline and deploy the pipeline for parsing.

Please let us know if this works.

Regards,

i.ahmad Please mark this as an answer if it helps
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:45 PM
  • Hi Ahmad,

We are using default receive pipeline (BTAHL72XReceivePipeline.btp ) provided by HL7 Accelerator 2009. Not a custom pipeline where I can change schema & redeploy it.

Thanks, Vishnu

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:25 PM
  • Hello,

About the installation, it appears that the ‘Next’ button is grayed out when you try to install a different version than what Biztalk version you have installed.  I am assuming that you have BTS2009 and trying to install the accelerator for 2006.  That is normal behavior. 

In addition for the rest of the problem it will probably be better if you open a case.  I have seen these types of issues it could take a lots time to resolve. 

Thanks,

Monday, October 4, 2010 8:02 PM