Windows XP Disappeared From Volume Licensing Service Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I realized today that Windows XP can no longer be downloaded from the MS VLSC.

Before, I had 2 entries that I used to download: 1 for Windows XP SP3 x86 multi language (ISO file), 1 for Windows XP SP3 x86 [ZH-CN] (self extracted zip) (not available in the multi language ISO). You got the download and the VL key.

Now, these entries don't exist anymore and you only have these 2: "Windows XP Professional" and "Windows XP Prof, x64 Ed.". You still can see the VL key but under the download section, it's written "There are no downloads available for this product."

Is there anyone else having this issue? Is it normal? I know that support for Windows XP has been discontinued but why forbidding to download the ISO?

Hopefully, I downloaded them before and kept them on a HDD.

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:20 AM

Answers

• I think MS has stopped providing the downloads for Win XP now. But, you can anyhow keep activating Win XP.

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:12 AM

All replies

• I think MS has stopped providing the downloads for Win XP now. But, you can anyhow keep activating Win XP.

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:12 AM
  • OK. Thanks for your reply.
    Monday, April 28, 2014 3:59 AM
  • An MVP is giving answer lik "I think..." this is ambiguous. It should be clear where is the original downloads although not supported even.
    Monday, April 17, 2017 12:33 PM