MOSS usage reports - have I got it right? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been looking through some SP Usage Reports (MOSS) and read content about them on forums

Am I correct in assuming the following:

1. All Page Views recorded for the entire site collection are displayed in the site-collection report (when clicking some title on the reports mainpage)?

2. Site Reports only display information about content native to a particular site and not from underlying sites?

3. It is not possible ootb to filter Page Views and other information on AD groups or SP groups?

4. If I want to filter on users and groups, I should choose a third party tool?

Monday, April 11, 2011 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi sys_dev,

1. All Page Views recorded for the entire site collection are displayed in the site-collection report (when clicking some title on the reports main page)?
    In Home page of Site collection usage reports, we can see the records of Site Collection home page, but in Home page of Site usage report, it is the records about the home page of that site. You can find a chart of the top page (in all site collection) requests over the last 30 days in site collection reports.

2. Site Reports only display information about content native to a particular site and not from underlying sites?
    Site Reports will also include the records of its sub sites.

3. It is not possible OOTB to filter Page Views and other information on AD groups or SP groups?
    I’m afraid not.

4. If I want to filter on users and groups, I should choose a third party tool?
    You can try to view the report with SharePoint Designer. SharePoint Designer is allowed to add filter (Refer to Use reports to measure site performance and usage). If this didn’t meet your requirements, please try to use a third party tool.

Best regards,
    Emir

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:46 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

If I go to the report at _layouts/SpUsageSiteTopPages.aspx I can see pages listed that belongs to different locations scattered accross the entire site collection, however not all page views seems to be listed. Is there some limit to either the number of total views listed or the value of individual views that are shown on this standard report?

Also, if I go the report at _layouts/SpUsageWeb.aspx for some site A, I can only see page views for site A and not A's subsite B. If I go to the same page for site B, I can see site B's page views. Should I be able to see both site A and site B page views when viewing this standard report from site A?

Monday, April 18, 2011 10:29 AM
  • About Site Reports containing information concerning it's subsites - I can't see that's the case. Are you sure about this?

If I go to _layouts/SpUsageWeb.aspx for some site A, I can only see page views for site A and not A's subsite B.

Can anyone verify that this is so and whether it is possible to change this behavior?

Monday, May 2, 2011 9:31 AM