Excel 2013: how to use data from webpage after automatic query? RRS feed

• Question

• What I need to do is do some online data. That data is displayed on a webpage, but not static. Some query parameters are given on the previous webpage and then the webpage with necessary data comes.

For an example, let me show exactly what I want to do:

This is the first webpage where I need to give some parameter.

2. After giving specific parameters, the following webpage with data comes:

What I want to do is to use the Train number as well as fare in Excel sheet so that whenever the excel file is opened, it would update the data from internet automatically. If it is possible, then I'll list my required trains's basic datum.

I hope I could clear my requirement. Additionally, the parameters changes dynamically, there is no logical relations between query parameters. More so, the page with data doesn't have static URL!

Can anybody please help me about this issue?

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your requested, Excel has no feature could get your goal directly. We need to write a macro/add-in via VBA code. If you have any question during writing the macro/add-in, I recommend you post the question to the MSDN forum for Excel

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 7:54 AM