none
DPM 2012, where are the improvements? RRS feed

• Question

• Since upgrading from DPM 2010 I don't see anything that looks to be changed except they've moved the icons around.

DPM still doesn't support USB devices and simple improvements like allowing custom backup times (that aren't rounded to nearest hour), aren't here.

I guess it was more important to get out the System Center "suite" instead of the actual changes that matter. I hope we don't have to wait another four years for these changes to take place.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 6:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What's New in System Center 2012 - Data Protection Manager

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh848299.aspx

New Features and Enhancements

• Centralized management of multiple DPM servers.
    • Remote management of DPM servers.
    • Support for multiple DPM servers to share one instance of SQL Server for DPMDB.
    • Certificate-based authentication for computers in workgroups or untrusted domains.
    • Optimized item-level recovery for SharePoint farms.
    • Improved usage of tapes through protection group sets.
    • Support for protecting VMM hosts.
    • Fresh user interface.

In addition, SP1 will be adding some more features that work with Windows Server 8.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 12:19 AM