locked
SSCM 2007 Prerquisite FQDN RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello All,

    Currently upgrading to SCCM 2007 SP2.  When running the prerequiste, have several warnings.  We have found resoultions to most but I wish to address just one here.  We keep receiving the "FQDN specified for site systems" error.  We have gone in to the configmgr console and confirmed the FQDN is set for both the SCCM and SQL servers.  We continue to receive the error.  When we view the configmgrsetup, we see the request is just the SQL server name and not the FQDN that is set in the site properties.

    Is this an issue?  We have removed the FQDNfor both, save the config and then put it back in.  Not sure where in the SQL database it is looking for this information and if we need to force it in.

    Thanks for you help. 

    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:52 PM

Answers

  • I this case, a reboot of the SCCM server corrected the FQDN issue.  Was not able to identify why the FQDN records did not update when the entries were made.

    Friday, July 1, 2011 4:31 PM

All replies

  • Hello - It should be FQDN and I suppose you are using Mixed mode. FQDN specified for site systems should be a warning not an error.

    See, the details of SP1 upgrades http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/474-how-to-update-sccm-2007-to-sccm-2007-sp1/ 

    SP2 is almost same ...

    Also, go through the check list Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Upgrade Checklist


    Anoop C Nair - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:02 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:52 AM
  • Hi,

     

    Please also see: Setup Prerequisite Checks

     

    The prerequisite checker notifies you of any warnings or errors encountered that would cause setup or an upgrade to fail. Tests that result in a warning do not prevent you from successfully upgrading to Configuration Manager 2007. However, it is recommended that you resolve the condition that generated the warning before continuing the setup or upgrade process.

     

    FQDN specified for site systems: Warning

     

    Verifies that an FQDN is specified for site systems during site upgrade to Configuration Manager 2007 SP1.

     

    During site upgrades to Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, installed site systems are checked to ensure that an FQDN has been specified. Not specifying an FQDN for site systems in mixed mode sites might prevent cross-domain client auto approval processes. When mixed mode sites are migrated to native mode, not specifying FQDN for site systems might cause client to management point communication errors.

     

    Regards,

     

    Sabrina


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Anoop,

    I had viewed the document previously and the site configuration screen was set correctly.  I appologize for not mentioning this.  It showed the correct FDQN for the SCCM and SQL servers were entered and correct.  I had also removed the settings waited an hour and put them back in.  It did not matter.

    A reboot corrected this issue.  Not sure why, as the setting should have taken affect when the field was updated.

    Thank you for your assistance. 

    Friday, July 1, 2011 4:27 PM
  • Sabrina,

    Thank you for the response.  For some reason, the server needed to be rebooted.  In the beginning, I removed the FQDNs and put them back in to see if there was a piece of garbage in the field.  It did not matter.  But the reboot took care of it. 

    Friday, July 1, 2011 4:29 PM
  • I this case, a reboot of the SCCM server corrected the FQDN issue.  Was not able to identify why the FQDN records did not update when the entries were made.

    Friday, July 1, 2011 4:31 PM