Motorola V3m Razar Sync RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a V3m Razar & the software bundle to sync music to the phone.  I was told that the program only worked with XP, so I reinstalled XP on my machine, then installed the motorola software and drivers (which seemed to go ok). I connected my phone to cable and computer detected it, but could not locate drivers, there are no useable drivers on cd that came with package...  I'm now stuck with a music phone that I can't put music on to...

HELP!

If anyone has a fix please email me:

superrob33@hotmail

Sunday, November 12, 2006 5:37 AM

Answers

• This would be an issue specifig to your system. If you ahd vista then did a clean isntall of XP it isnt a problem that would be caused by Vista.
    Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:38 AM

All replies

• i use window's media player to put music on my razr v3m
    Sunday, November 12, 2006 6:46 AM
  • This would be an issue specifig to your system. If you ahd vista then did a clean isntall of XP it isnt a problem that would be caused by Vista.
    Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:38 AM
  • Hey man, some service providers lock the phone soo tight that you can't even use bluetooth (bell) and rogers doesn't let you put mp3's as ring tones on that new 1g sony music phone. Maybe you got 1 of those toyed ones
    Monday, November 13, 2006 6:46 AM
  • Same Problem...Verizon sent me to: http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=2365

Go to the BOTTOM of that page and take the "Sync Music Fix" link and download the drivers and install them.....

go to "My Computer" "System" "Devices tab" and see if the drivers are installed without conflicts....

Hope this helps...

Rick
    Wednesday, December 6, 2006 6:30 PM
  • How? Do you need motorola's software to do this? My Media player doesn't detect my phone. (I run XP)
    Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:16 AM
  • i am having the same problem,  did u find out where to get the drivers?  if so, cud u advise me also

thanks in advance

bob
    Monday, January 1, 2007 11:16 PM
  • I used this fix and it worked for me - it first recognizes it as a modem and then it's fixed:

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=84447 - About the 10th post down.

Friday, February 16, 2007 5:00 AM
  • I'm having a similar problem on Vista.
    I can install the Cd b ut it doesn't detect the phone, so i can not upload pictures or send music.
    Can anyone help ?

Sunday, February 18, 2007 2:27 PM
  •  could u please let me know point by point how u were able to put your music on your Razr and did this allow you to use the music as ringtones? I already have XP on my pc.

Friday, February 23, 2007 4:33 PM
  •  Beaver3113 wrote:
    i use window's media player to put music on my razr v3m

ok..i was just wonderinghow you did this...and if you can use the music that you downlad to your phone as ringtones as well

Monday, July 23, 2007 12:07 AM
  • I want to install my personal music from my computer to my  cell phon RARZ-V3M. my sync music is not work or open the menu. thanks.

Monday, September 3, 2007 3:46 AM
  • I have the same problem as all you, and i have vista... can anyone help since the sync music fix didn't work!!

Sunday, January 6, 2008 12:19 PM
  • Same prob here too! I spent over an hour on the phone with verizon's tech support today trying to fix this problem and even they couldn't help me. I tried installing the drivers from 3 different sources- verizon's website, the cd, and motorola's website. I tried running the music sync fix found on verizon's site, my computer is not trying to use the phone as a modem. Every time I plug in the phone I get the New Hardware Wizard and it can never seem to find a driver for the phone even when I specifically direct it to the correct location. The music manager always says the phone is not connected when it is, even windows media player does not recognize it. Has anyone solved this problem at all? Is Microsoft helping at all? Does Motorola know what to do? I'm at my wit's end!
    Sunday, February 3, 2008 5:22 AM
  • I was told the razr v3m will only sync with the windows media player 10.  Microsoft automatically updated mine to 11, and won't let me roll it back.  I've been working on this since february of 2007, same issues as MN Dancer, and I've talked to verizon techs from India, Pakistan, Mexico, Texas, Florida, VA. NC, as well as the local Verizon Wireless stores, did the Motorola update thing, the patch, bought more ram for the PC, bought a larger memory card for the phone, bought another "music essentials" kit, downloaded another music essentials kit, got a new razr under the manufacturer warranty. One year later, the only songs I have on my phone are the ones that I downloaded directly to the phone. For 1.99 plus megabyte charge. yay. only 12 more months to go with this piece. I should have bought an IPOD!!!!

Thursday, February 28, 2008 4:24 AM
  • I spent over an hour with a verizon tech person who seemed as frustrated as I was that he couldn't fix the problem.  Finally he advised me to get an SD card and a Reader.  Does anyone know if this will allow me to listen to music on my phone?  I can't believe that with all the technology out there, between microsoft, verizon and motorola, that someone out there can't figure out a fix to this problem!!!!

Completely frustrated

Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:59 AM
  • getting an sd card and reader will not help, the problem is with the software in the phone.dont waste your money I have the same problem and they advised me to do the same thing and it didn'y work 

Friday, March 21, 2008 4:34 AM
  • is it possible for you to sent me a folder copy of the drive for motorola v3m and e-mail it to me. Or hyperlink it

1. try this first.  ##start menu##  -all program---accessories---system tool---system imformation---(look for componet,click on it).click on problem device, if the motorola v3m shows up then tap it to blue then click on **TOOL** /click file signature verification. and build alist and get it sign. then download the driver,. cheaptrick
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:44 PM