none
FPE Blocking internal domain mail RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I have an perl script to generate alert mail to internal receipts with a report.

With a particular keyword in the report, i get 5.7.1 error as message rejected due to content restrictions.

If i remove the specific keyword, mail gets delivered.

The issue is that i don't have this keyword entered in my keyword filter list for filtering mails.

Also this rejection is not appearing in my quarantine logs which means it is setting the scl as 9 for this mail and dropping it without any log.

regards Sundaresan.C

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:54 AM

Answers

• I resolved the issue. The problem is that FPE has allowed domains list in which my internal domain has to be added.

When i used inbuilt Content filtering in Exchange 2010 earlier before FPE, my internal domain was by default whitelisted from content filtering.

But in FPE, i have to manually add it along with other external domains.

Thanks for help.

regards Sundaresan.C

Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

this is because the Cloudmark engine detects this keyword as spam. You have to put the sender on the whitelist like shown in the following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd639396.aspx

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:06 PM
  • But do i need to white list my internal domain id also for spam filtering?

Because the sender and receipents are in the same internal domain itself...

regards Sundaresan.C

Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:48 AM
  • I resolved the issue. The problem is that FPE has allowed domains list in which my internal domain has to be added.

When i used inbuilt Content filtering in Exchange 2010 earlier before FPE, my internal domain was by default whitelisted from content filtering.

But in FPE, i have to manually add it along with other external domains.

Thanks for help.

regards Sundaresan.C

Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing the solution.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:19 AM