none
Group Policy Editor

Question

• Hi Everyone!

I want to disable USB access for pen drive or flash drives but allow external CD/DVD access through group policy management. I have done in some way but it deny access to all class of storage including CD/DVD. I can gain this by using regedit. But I want this as a domain policy. Please help!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi starsing,

if you can achieve it using regedit then whatever you changed can be pushed domain level from group policy using ADM template files.

I can help you making an ADM file for you if you prefer. just I need the registry changes you have done and I will convert it to ADM file for you to import in domain policy

Thanks

Thanks Mahmoud

• Proposed as answer by mahelsay Wednesday, November 30, 2016 5:49 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Hi,
    I would suggest to have a try to control the device installation by their hardware ID. The policy is Prevent Installation of a Device by Hardware ID which is located under Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Device Installation\Device Installation Restrictions.
    You could try it by following the articles as below:
    Prevent Installation of a Device by Hardware ID
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732727(v=ws.10).aspx
    Step-By-Step Guide to Controlling Device Installation Using Group Policy
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530324.aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 2, 2016 8:33 AM