none
Gantt Chart: Ctrl-Mouse Wheel to Zoom Not Working RRS feed

All replies

• Hi

Which Project version are you refering to? It is working well for me with Project for O365.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:11 PM
  • Ah yes details details. :)

I seem to remember it working for me.  I am using Project 2016 Professional on Windows 10.

Actually, I *just* now got a taskbar icon for an Office update!  Haha... someone must have heard my pleas. ;)  I am going to try installing that and rebooting.  Will update here.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:13 PM
  • Bummer... must have been for Skype or something.  Still not working. :(
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:22 PM
  • Have you tried repairing Project via the control panel?

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:09 PM
  • As a matter of fact, I just did, and the problem still persists.  So strange.  Is there a keyboard shortcut for this?
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:10 PM
  • Did you try re-installing the mouse driver, or perhaps trying a different mouse?

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:15 PM
  • Here are the shortcuts:

• zoom out: CTRL *
    • zoom in: CTRL /

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:20 PM
  • I did try with a different mouse, and I get the same issue.  Ctrl-scroll works like a champ in other applications, so it seems to be this one specifically.
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Thank you Guillaume.  THAT seems to work, so it does indeed function on my machine, just not with the mouse wheel.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:24 PM
  • Dang... it turns out that even though I did an online repair, the repair didn't get the latest version released today!  So I did an update now, which downloaded version 16.0.06965.2053.  It fixed the other issue I was having, but not this one.

Ironically, I can CTRL-mouse in Excel 2016 and that ALSO works.  So something specific to Project 2016 Professional is not liking this.  That's why I wonder if there is a setting or something?

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:52 PM
  • Hi Mike,

This is not the same functionnality in Excel and Proejct. While zooming on the Gantt chart, Project has to deal with the timescale and adapt all the task bars.

Here is my version, which might not be updated with the last patch.

Hope this helps,

Friday, June 10, 2016 10:38 AM
  • Hmmm... looks like we have different versions.  It would be great to see if someone can reproduce this with the latest version that was just released.  Appreciate the efforts though, Guillaume. :)
    Friday, June 10, 2016 10:43 AM
  • Just a check, Project Ctrl+Scroll only zooms the timescale, not all cells etc as Excel does.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Friday, June 10, 2016 9:36 PM
  • Hi Rod, thanks for that... I tried this on the time scale and on the Gantt chart, and it does not seem to work as expected.  I am not interested in zooming the cells, just the Gantt chart. :)

Friday, June 10, 2016 9:38 PM