none
Set up recurring meetings over the length of the project RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently setting up a project which is to have several types of "update" meetings with the members of the project team. One will happen on a weekly basis, one a monthly and the final one to be on a quarterly basis.

Is there a simple way to get Project to automatically add more of each type of meeting as the project grows/shrinks? Currently I have to change the date of the last meeting in the series based on the changes that happen to the projects length.

Thanks,

Dan

Monday, July 25, 2016 1:24 PM

All replies

• Dan,

Well, "simple way" is a bit subjective. It could be done with some VBA but other than that I think the simplest way is to select the summary line of the recurring task and open Task Information. Change the number of occurrences or the end date. This doesn't seem like a big deal, it should only take a couple of seconds to update all three of your periodic meetings.

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, July 25, 2016 2:12 PM
  • Alternatively, why include them? I only include project meetings if I have to capture their labour costs. Usually I don't so the Project meetings are not included. I do include any meetings where decisions made affect other project tasks.

Instead of meetings in my schedules I reduce the Max units for each resource so they reflect the productive working time available for my project.

So for someone who works a 50h week, I may still only get 30h of productive time on my project, so in this case I only ever assign them at 75%.

Simpler and more realistic.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Monday, July 25, 2016 8:46 PM
  • YEP, Rod got the point. And you will have to deal with overallocation for those attend on meetings, even if they are only 15 minutes on that meeting. So reduce max units.

If you do not want to do that, and if you do not want to write VBA, then you should have three types - monthly, weekly and daily. But this is hard to mantain!

Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:59 PM