Is it okay to delete files from Temp folder ? RRS feed

• Question

• Running Exchange 2007 on a 2008 enterprise server. On the C: drive in the 'Temp' folder we have what looks like the original exchange installation files. Specifically, the 'UM' folder which contains what looks like 15 different foreign language files. For example, the one for France looks like "umlang-fr-FR". There is also the 'Setup' folder which contains three folders "Data, Perf, and ServerRoles".
    I need to free up some space on the C: drive and deleting the "UM" folder alone would free up 4.5 GB.
    So, is it okay to delete the 'UM' and 'Setup' folders from the "Temp" folder ?
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:43 PM

Answers

• Sounds like the original DVD was copied to the system. I would definately remove the language packs, and the rest can probably go as well, particularly if you are on Exchange 2007 SP3. If the system needs the installation files it will tell you.

As far as I am concerned, anything in "Temp" can be deleted unless the system is holding on to it.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.

• Marked as answer by Spelurker Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:27 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:43 PM

All replies

• Deleting those files should be fine as far as I know

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:55 PM
  • Sounds like the original DVD was copied to the system. I would definately remove the language packs, and the rest can probably go as well, particularly if you are on Exchange 2007 SP3. If the system needs the installation files it will tell you.

As far as I am concerned, anything in "Temp" can be deleted unless the system is holding on to it.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.

• Marked as answer by Spelurker Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:27 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:43 PM
  • As other folks said you can BUT Why don't you user the Windows compress option ( Compress that folder) i hope you will get good amount of free space if not then go with the option as mentioned above (delete).

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:28 PM