win 7 with realtek, audio works only by the rear speakers RRS feed

All replies

•  When making a sound test all speakers work perfectly, these only doesn't work in win 7 use, by apps, explorer, wmediaplayer, games, and so on.

Are you sure your applications are designed to provide audio to all speakers?

Most only provide stereo, 2 speakers, unless they say they are 5.1 or 7.1 applications.

Monday, December 5, 2011 8:11 PM
  • The first time I connected the 2 additional speakers, all four worked. After I restarted windows I had only the front 2 working.

I saw it playing, I thought it was perfect, used youtube, and listened to music.

After this first time I have only 2 speakers working.

And ... I can't see why the sound shouldn't go out from 4 speakers.

If you read through the other discussions they tell also the origin of the problem. That realtek can't solve it.

And they say how it worked in windows xp.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 1:58 AM
  • will you do something to solve this?

seems the problem was already posted here.

In 2009.......................

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/66a1eb87-f524-4e89-a09d-6cedfa52f310

and frankly I don't want to spend more time to have a working pc.

• Edited by qiplayer Friday, December 9, 2011 12:23 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 12:17 AM
  • I tried with windows xp 64 bit, I had to do 3 restarts to install realtek and it worked perfectly.

I tried media player and quicktime.

It doesn't matter how the audio file is written the sound if the OS works can go out from all speakers. In this moment I am using 4.

if you want we can organize that you access to my pc, I can do a video (even if I don't want to).

Is there somebody in microsoft that can take care of this?

Friday, December 9, 2011 8:24 PM
  • cud please somebody take care of this?

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:36 AM