BrachCache "not working" - do I need further settings? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi...

We have configured (or at least it looks like it) the correct settings for BC on a file server at a data center - hash policy, share ticks etc.

I have been testing two machines together (from a remote sub-net) to see if BC appears to be working. They are using a drive letter mapped to the share, both on Windows 10, both on the same sub-net etc. Speed indicates the system is not working (its a 20MB word document on purpose and takes an age to load). Also I cleared the cache (and size does not seem to increase) and have watched the Performance counters for BC which aren't changing.

I have not created any GP for the clients. The reason for this is we use BC for SCCM and this seems to be managing the clients anyway. My settings on the client for example show the following -

Service mode is distributed

Status is running

Given that I can see the SCCM part does work for all our clients on the network (I can see this by the caches etc) should I have to do a different GP or anything?

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please reference blog “Configuring SCCM and Branch Cache” to confirm he detail configuration for BC & SCCM:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Premier-Field-Engineering/Configuring-SCCM-and-Branch-Cache/ba-p/322387

Also, please remember to run “gpupdate /force” to update the GP changes and check the result.

Then, monitor the BranchCache performance counters and verify if the BC has been worked. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 30, 2019 3:58 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, September 9, 2019 2:08 AM