none
Outlook cannot logon

Question

• When I try to open Outlook 2016 I get the following messages first pop up screen:

"Outlook cannot logon. Verify you are connected to network and using proper server and mailbox name.
    The Microsoft Exchange information service in profile is missing required information.
    Modify profile to ensure you are using required Microsoft Exchange information service"

when I click ok I get a pop up:

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open Outlook window.
    The set of folders cannot be opened. the information could not be opened."

I can get Outlook up and run again bye doing following:
    Delete the Outlook profil and make a new on.

Then Outlook run for some days, and then the error return

How can i get Outlook to open and run so I can correct without reset the account?

A hint would be nice

Best Regards

John B

Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:37 AM

All replies

• I can get Outlook up and run again bye doing following:
    Delete the Outlook profil and make a new on.

Then Outlook run for some days, and then the error return

How can i get Outlook to open and run so I can correct without reset the account

It seems that something (could be a faulty third party add-in, or an anti-virus which is integrated with your Outlook client, etc.) is keeping corrupting your Outlook profile. Here are some suggestions that you might have a try:

1. Disable all installed third party add-in, then monitor the behavior.
    2. If you have any anti-virus/security software installed on your PC, try to temporarily disable it, then verify result again.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to post back with any findings.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 24, 2017 8:24 AM
  • Hi Ethan

thanks for your reply.

We have change McAfee Antivirus temporarily to Avira and I have now disable all installed third party add-in, and I am now waiting for the error again :-)

I will return if I get the error again

Have a nice weekend

Best Regards

John B

Friday, March 24, 2017 1:52 PM
  • OK - Thanks for the update. Please feel free to post back with any findings.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 24, 2017 2:24 PM
  • Hello John

I have seen this issue in the past, this is due to incorrect server in the Autodiscover xml file which Outlook 2016 use for autodiscover.

Let us know if you encounter this issue again so that we can help you fix it.

Regards

Aquib Qureshi

Monday, March 27, 2017 3:27 PM
  • Hi Clark and Aquib

I have disabled Add-Ins, I have changed the virus protection, but I have just got the failure again.

When I have the failure it is not possible to start outlook in normal or safe mode

When I run scanpst.exe it is finding error and repair them without any problems, but I can still not start outlook.

I then delete the profil, make a new profile when the PC is on same network as the exchange server and then everything is working again for some time.

A hint would be nice

Best Regards

John B

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:14 AM