none
Minimum Hours per Day on Timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to enforce a minimum hours per day on a timesheet?

I see:

• Maximum Hours per Timesheet
    • Minimum Hours per Timesheet
    • Maximum Hours per Day

And:

• The number of hours in a standard timesheet day is:

But what effect does that last one have? It doesn't seem to be preventing saved or submitted entries lower than that amount.

Ian

• Edited by Ian Bruckner Friday, June 12, 2015 1:48 PM formatting
    Friday, June 12, 2015 1:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Ian,

The "The number of hours in a standard timesheet day is" option tells to Project how to calculate the actual stored in the DB. For example, if you enter 1d and have set 8h for a standard timesheet day, Project will convert the 1d into 8hrs.

Then there is no minimum hours per day, just per timesheet. That being said, it could be done programmatically while submitting the timesheet.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, June 12, 2015 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Ian,

The "The number of hours in a standard timesheet day is" option tells to Project how to calculate the actual stored in the DB. For example, if you enter 1d and have set 8h for a standard timesheet day, Project will convert the 1d into 8hrs.

Then there is no minimum hours per day, just per timesheet. That being said, it could be done programmatically while submitting the timesheet.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, June 12, 2015 2:06 PM
  • Thanks, that lines up with what I've seen. Keeping my fingers crossed that someone knows about an Easter egg which delivers that functionality natively... but if not, I'll come back around early next week to mark your response as the answer.

Ian

Friday, June 12, 2015 3:37 PM